How to transfer data on MTN and how to share data from your MTN connection with friends and family? Say no more because I’m going to show three simple but effective ways for you to transfer data on your MTN connection today.
See How to Transfer Data on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile and Airtel
People we care about occasionally run out of data, which is like the internet’s fuel. We may thankfully share data with our friends and family to bring them back online, thanks to mobile telecom companies.
The methods listed below will show you how to share or transfer data with others from any of the four main service providers.
On the MTN network, they can share data through USSD, SMS, or the MTN App.
1. Dial *131*7# on your phone’s caller app.
2. Select option 1: Transfer from data balance.
3. Enter the recipient’s phone number.
4. Select the amount of data to send.
5. Select option 1: Confirm the transaction.
1. Open your message app.
2. Type “Transfer” followed by friend’s number followed by data amount. For example, Transfer 08130300000 1000.
3. Send a message to 131.
4. You will receive a confirmation message if your data transfer is successful.
Login to your MyMTN mobile app. If you don’t have the app, you can download it here and register your details.
1. On the app’s homepage, click on the “Share” option.
2. We will show you data and airtime sharing options. Select “Data”.
3. Enter the amount of data you wish to share and the recipient’s phone number.
4. Select “Proceed”.
How to Transfer Airtime on MTN
On your phone, enter *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN#, and then tap OK or send. For instance, enter *777*08031234567*1500*1234# and press OK or transmit.
Therefore, you will get a notification letting you know the transfer was successful after it has been finished.
What are the MTN Data Plans?
MTN Data Plan Prices
1. 1.5GB Browsing Plan for Mobile (24/7 30 days) – text 106 to 131 – ₦1000.
2. 2GB MTN Data Plan (24/7 30 days) – text 130 to 131 – ₦1200.
3. 3GB Data Plan (24/7 30 days) – text 131 to 131 – ₦1500.
4. MTN 4.5GB Mobile Data Plan (24/7 30 days) – text 110 to 131 – ₦2000.
The Airtel Data Share, also referred to as the Me2U, allows for data sharing on the Airtel network. The steps listed below can access the Me2U service.
1. Dial *141#.
2. Select the “Share Data” option. It’s option 8 on the list.
3. Select option 4, which is the “Data Me2U”.
4. Also, select “Enter from existing balance.”
5. Enter the recipient’s number and the amount of data to send.
It’s easy to figure out how to share or transfer data using 9Mobile. Customers need a PIN to share data, unlike MTN and Airtel, and the default PIN for all users is 0000.
To use this PIN, though, you must change it. Dial *247*default PIN*new PIN# in order to change your PIN. If this is successful, you will receive a confirmation message.
To Transfer Data
Dial *229* followed by your new PIN, data amount, and recipient’s number, then send. For example, *229*1234*1000*07130300000#.
You will receive a confirmation message if successful.
Dial *127*01* followed by the recipient’s phone number. For example, *127*01*07130300000#.
To share data via the regular USSD
1. Dial *777#.
2. Select option 1, which is “Data.”
3. Select option 2, which is “Share data plan”.
4. Choose option 1 which is “Share”.
5. Enter the recipient’s phone number and send.
6. A notice confirming the success of your data share will be sent to you.
To Share Data via SMS
1. Enter your messaging app.
2. Type “Share”, followed by the recipient’s number.
3. Send to 127
When you share data with these GLO codes, as opposed to the other network providers mentioned.
Therefore, the recipient can now use your data for however long they want, up until you drop them from the plan. Take the following actions to get rid of them and stop sharing data:
Dial *127*01*<recipient’s number>#.
1. Enter your messaging app.
2. Type “Remove” followed by their number.
3. Send to 127.
If you have any questions, please share them in the comments box below. Also, if you liked this piece, please spread the word about it. Thanks.