You may get free, up-to-date information about the nihort-recruitment. However, the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission’s 2022 recruiting application form, specifications, qualifications, and other essential updates in this page.
About the National Horticultural Research Institute
With help from UNDP/FAO Project NIR/72/007, The National Fruit and Vegetable Research and Development Centre (NFVRDC) became The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), Ibadan.
The Centre, along with other Agricultural Research Institutes, underwent a transformation into the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT).
However, under the Federal Government Agricultural Research Institutes Establishment Decree Order No. 35 of June 1975. Also, the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria oversees the Institute’s operations (ARCN).
How to Apply at Nihort?
To apply for the National horticultural research institute recruitment, you need to visit the application portal via www.nihort.gov.ng.
NIHORT Job Qualifications/Requirements
pplicants applying for the National Horticultural Research Institute recruitment must possess any of:
1. Possession of B. Sc, HND, NCE, OND in any discipline from a recognised institution
2. West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects, including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
3. Candidates must have a National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects got at one sitting or five (5) subjects got at two sittings, including the English Language.)
4. National Diploma (ND) got from a recognised institution. National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognised institution; or
5. General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) in two (2) subjects got at one sitting or three (3) subjects got at two sittings.
What is the Major Function of Nihort?
Also, we should do research on the nutritional value and economic importance of tropical fruits, vegetables, spices, and decorative plants, as well as their genetic improvement, production, processing, storage, and marketing.
Where is Nihort in Nigeria?
The institutes headquarter is on 350 hectares of land at Jericho Reservation Area, Idi-Ishin, Ibadan, in the rainforest agro-ecological zone of South Western Nigeria.
When Was Nihort Established?
Its primary purpose when was founded in 1975 with help from the Food and Agricultural Organization.
Also, the United Nations Development Programme was to act as a fruit and vegetable research and demonstration centre. Therefore, NIHORT officially became a national institute in June 1976.
What are the Roles of the Agricultural Research Institute?
The development of relevant practice packages based on current research findings and farmer requirements. Is one of the key responsibilities of research institutions and agricultural universities.
Therefore, they subsequently disseminated these packages using the right medium and techniques.
What is the Full Meaning of NIHORT?
With the aid of UNDP/FAO Project NIR/72/007, the National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) was initially founded as the National Fruit and Vegetable Research and Development Center (NFVRDC).
What is Agricultural Research for Development?
Through scientific research, AR4D seeks to increase the food security, livelihoods, and resilience of small-scale farmers in rural areas, especially women and young people.
Therefore, the AR4D program of IFAD encourages the development of pro-poor technology. Also, promoting knowledge transfer and recording research.
Please enter your contact information (phone number and email address) in the comment section below.
Please forward this information to friends who might find it useful if you found it to be informative. Also, don’t forget to tell your family about it as well. Thanks.